The concerned director submits his resignation to the Board. In this case, the following steps will be taken to remove his name from the register of directors:
- The company will hold a Board Meeting by giving seven days of clear notice (Clear notice means 21 days’ notice excluding the day on which the notice was sent and received.
- When the Board meets, they will discuss amongst themselves and decide whether to accept the resignation or not.
- Once the Board accepts the resignation of the director, they will pass a Board resolution accepting the resignation.
- After the passing of the resolution, form DIR – 11 has to be filed by the outgoing director along with the Board Resolution, Proof of delivery of the resignation letter and copy of the resignation letter.
- While the filing of DIR – 11 is the responsibility of the director, form DIR – 12 is the responsibility of the company which has to be filed with the Registrar of Companies along with the Resignation letter and the Board Resolution.
- After filing all the forms, the name of the director will be removed from the master data of the Company on the Ministry of Corporate Affairs website.