Registered design is an asset of the registered owner, so he can transfer the rights to any person by way of assignment. This generally happens if anyone wants to use the design so registered or want to produce or reproduce the design so registered. An application for assignment is to be filed within 6 months from the date of execution of assignment this period can be extended by maximum of 6 months.
- Drafting of documents
- Drafting of Assignment deed
- Drafting of Assignment application
- Filing of application for assignment
- Design application no
- KYC of design owner (Assignor)
- KYC of Assignee (Proposed owner)
- Agreement of assignment
Contact our team; they are expert in all this, just fill the details and we will coordinate with you.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is meant by Design?
What is the object of registration of Designs?
Can stamps. Labels, tokens, cards be considered an article for the purpose of registration of Design?
When does the Applicant for Registration of Design get the registration certificate?
Is the Certificate so received can be used under legal proceedings?
What is the effect of registration of design?
What is the duration of the registration of a design? Can it be extended?
Is it possible to re-register a design in respect of which Copyright has expired?
How one can ascertain whether registration subsists in respect of any design?
Is there any penalty for the piracy of a registered Design?
Can the Registration of a Design be cancelled?
- That the design has been previously registered in India or
- That it has been published in India or elsewhere prior to date of registration or
- The design is not new or original or
- Design is not registrable or
- It is not a design under Clause (d) of Section 2.