The ISO 14046 Certification gives a standard that helps in establishment of the systems that are capable of efficient water conservation. The ISO 14046 Certificate is meant for the businesses to adopt best business practices and effective management of resources, assessment of risks that efficiently facilitates the better water management. In this way, the problem of water scarcity can be alleviated and helps in achievement of the goals of sustainable development of United Nations Organization.
The ISO 14046 accreditation provides the basic principles, guidelines ad requirements that are related to the water footprint assessment of products, organizations and processes involved in an organization on the basis of life cycle evaluation. When a company fulfills the ISO 14046 Certification requirements, then it is able to conduct and report the assessment of water footprint as a standalone assessment. Additionally, it is also possible to include it in the comprehensive assessment of environment health.
Every drop of water along with its usage is analyzed and judged for better and efficient use. The standard helps in keeping the track of the water used and water wasted so that wastage of water could be minimized. With the help of the framework, guidelines and instructions, the companies can easily assess the water footprint and analyze the usage and wastage of water in the company processes.
Benefits of ISO 14046:
- Water is saved to avoid future risks.
- Environmental impacts related to water are continuously reduced and controlled.
- The efficiency of product, process is increased.
- Share your policy to surrounding industries and government.
- Meeting customer requirements without affecting environment.
Documents required for ISO 14046
- Incorporation Certificate of Organisation or GST Registration certificate
- Scope of working
- Copy of Invoices for any purchase or sale
- Contact Details of owner
- Any other document as required time to time.
Steps for ISO 14046 Registrations
- Making an application to an accredited ISO certification body
- Providing the required documents
- Defining the certification scope
- Initial assessment to verify that the basic structure of the management system is implemented.
- Certification audit
- Surveillance audits-it includes the verification of continuous improvement, closure of nonconformities from previous audits, conformance to the standards etc.
- Re-certification after three years