A registered design can’t be renewed but it can be extended for a period of 5 more years. Application for extension is to be filed before expiry of the original registration term of 10 years or in case if extension is not filed prior to expiry period it can be filed within 12 months of post expiry, which needs to be justification to the registrar else the restoration of lapsed design is not possible.
- Drafting of Documents
- Drafting of application for extension
- Filing of application for extension
- Status update
- Design application no
For further information on Design renewal (extension) proceedings contact us at.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is meant by Design?
What is the object of registration of Designs?
Can stamps. Labels, tokens, cards be considered an article for the purpose of registration of Design?
When does the Applicant for Registration of Design get the registration certificate?
Is the Certificate so received can be used under legal proceedings?
What is the effect of registration of design?
What is the duration of the registration of a design? Can it be extended?
Is it possible to re-register a design in respect of which Copyright has expired?
How one can ascertain whether registration subsists in respect of any design?
Is there any penalty for the piracy of a registered Design?
Can the Registration of a Design be cancelled?
- That the design has been previously registered in India or
- That it has been published in India or elsewhere prior to date of registration or
- The design is not new or original or
- Design is not registrable or
- It is not a design under Clause (d) of Section 2.