Provisional Patent Filing:
It is always recommended by the experts to file the patent in initial stage, to claim priority on invention. A provisional patent application can be filed with some basic or briefing about the innovation or the nature of the innovation. Filing provisional patent helps inventors in protecting their rights towards the invention. For filing provisional patent applications and invention need not to be completed, provisional patent application provides 12 month time to the inventor to complete the invention. It helps the inventor in reducing the chances of claims made by other on his invention.
It is important to note that if any innovation is published or made available in the market or made public then it cannot be patented, an innovation must be kept secret until the application for patent is not filed.
- Drafting of Documents
- Drafting of provisional patent application
- Filing of provisional patent application
Documents and Details required
- Briefly describe your invention
- What is the technical problem addressed by your invention?
- What are the known ways of solving the problem?
- What are the drawbacks/limitations of these known ways for solving the problem?
- What is your invention?
- What are the novel features of your invention?
- Are there any drawings? If yes, then please provide brief description of the drawings.
- Abstract: – within 150 words only
- What are the key words commonly used in the art/technical field? Please specify key words.
- Please furnish any other information that may be relevant in order to conduct a patent search or draft a patent application.
- Full name and address of applicant and inventor
For further details on Provisional Patent filing in India, contact us we have a team of experienced professionals who are well versed and experienced in drafting and filing of provisional patent application.