The service quality provided to the clients by a company in IT sector is one of the most primary things that can affect the success of the company. It is essential for the company to ensure that the services they provide to the clients are of best level so that the best level of client satisfaction could be achieved. This helps them in retaining the present clients as well as attracts more new customers. To achieve this, the companies involved in the IT sector need to implement an effective service quality management system that is helpful for them to ensure the best quality of the services provided to the clients. The companies can easily ensure with the help of such a system that they are providing satisfactory quality of services to the clients. The ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 certification is one such standard certification that helps in implementation of an efficient SQMS in the IT companies. The standard is internationally acclaimed and most of the IT companies used this to enhance the quality of services that they deliver to the clients. The ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018 certificate is mandatory for the companies that are involved in the IT sector and provide different services to the clients. The certification helps them in easy monitoring and improvement of service quality.
Benefits of ISO 20000:2018 Certification for Organizations
1. Gain Competitiveness in the Market
- ISO 20000:2018 improves the company’s reputation and credibility. The internationally recognized standard for IT Services Management will transform the organization by complying with the ISO guidelines.
- It improves the processes and creates a competitive advantage. Also, the partners/suppliers and customers will have an enhanced trust in the organizational internal processes and business operations.
2. Compliance with International Standard
- The ISO Standard provides a framework for clear evaluation criteria for the IT System. It also aims to deliver the exact business requirement of the customer.
- The ISO 20000:2018 comply with all IT Laws and ensures the IT system is free from any security hacks or vulnerabilities.
- The ISO 20000:2018 Certification enables the organization to implement a robust IT management system.
- It will benefit the organizations by complying with the Government rules and other globally recognized IT governance such as the GDPR and IT regulations.
3. Enhance Customer Satisfaction
- Implementing ISO 20000:2018 makes it easier to control the IT service delivery process. All the control points are tested and a problem management process is in place.
- It provides a well-documented system ensuring enhanced customer satisfaction.
- IT Service Management helps the system to organize the IT operations by following a standard guideline.
- The well-documented operations procedure makes it easy for the employees to work and attend to the customer requirements in a more engaging way.
4. Achieve Improved Business Productivity
- ISO 20000:2018 ensures the IT Service team is well equipped with process controls, standard operating procedures, troubleshooting, accountability, and transparency in the IT work environment.
- For small and medium companies especially this agility will help in easily achieving business results.
- Implementing ISO 20000:2018 best practices organizations enhance employee productivity.
- Large companies would be already having robust systems in place and IT Management System will add value in streamlining the existing IT systems to enhance their efficiency.
5. Benchmark and Improvement
- ISO 20000:2018 is a recognized standard for IT services management. It helps in restructuring the organizational setup and complies with ISO Standards.
- It also helps top management get a clear picture of performance and efficiency.
- Companies rely on effective IT Service Management because to stay ahead of the competition. IT support and Process enhancement are must-have for organizations to keep up with the fast-paced digital world.
Documents required for ISO 20000-1
- Incorporation Certificate of Organisation or GST Registration certificate
- Scope of working
- Copy of Invoices for any purchase or sale
- Contact Details of owner
- Any other document as required time to time.
Steps for ISO 20000-1 Registrations
- Making an application to an accredited ISO certification body
- Providing the required documents
- Defining the certification scope
- Initial assessment to verify that the basic structure of the management system is implemented.
- Certification audit
- Surveillance audits-it includes the verification of continuous improvement, closure of nonconformities from previous audits, conformance to the standards etc.
- Re-certification after three years