The information security is one of the major concerns for the companies operating the IIT sector. The companies need to ensure that the data and information that is stored in the companies is secure and there is no threat for them. In order to ensure the best level of the security of the information, the companies need to implement and efficient information security system that is quite efficient in ensuring the best level of security of the information that is stored in the company. The ISO 27001:2013 certification is one such standard certification that is granted to the IT companies that have an effective information security system implemented in the company premises that ensures the best level of security of the information. The standard is originally designed by the ISO and was intended to provide a framework for an information security system that helps in enduring the best safety of the data and information of the company. When a company is provided with an ISO 27001:2013 certificate, it mainly helps in providing guidance to the companies about the technical, legal and physical aspects of the standard and the ISMS. The approach of the ISMS that is prescribed in the standard is neutral from ant technology and has a top down approach.
Achieving ISO 27001 certification shows that a business has
- Protected information from getting into unauthorised hands
- Ensured information is accurate and can only be modified by authorised users
- Assessed the risks and mitigated the impact of a breach
- Been independently assessed to an international standard based on industry best practices
ISO 27001 certification demonstrates that you have identified the risks, assessed the implications and put in place systemised controls to limit any damage to the organisation.
ISO 27001 Certification Benefits Include
- Increased reliability and security of systems and information
- Improved customer and business partner confidence
- Increased business resilience
- Alignment with customer requirements
- Improved management processes and integration with corporate risk strategies
Achieving ISO 27001 is not a guarantee that information breaches will never occur, however by having a robust system in place, risks will be reduced and disruption and costs kept to a minimum.
Documents required for ISO 27001
- Incorporation Certificate of Organisation or GST Registration certificate
- Scope of working
- Copy of Invoices for any purchase or sale
- Contact Details of owner
- Any other document as required time to time.
Following are the process of ISO 27001 Certification
- Making an application to an accredited ISO certification body
- Defining the certification scope
- Initial assessment to verify that the basic structure of the management system is implemented.
- Certification audit
- Surveillance audits-it includes the verification of continuous improvement, closure of nonconformities from previous audits, conformance to the standards etc.
- Re-certification after three years