Import Export Code (IEC) Registration is a key business identification number that is mandatory for exports and imports. Any person shall make an import and export only under an IEC number granted by the Directorate General of Foreign Trade (DGFT). Importer or exporter of services or technology shall be required to provide IEC only when taking benefits under the Foreign Trade Policy or is dealing with specified services or technologies.
All exporters are required to mention their IE Code on exporting their goods from India. All importers are required to mention their IE Code while clearing customs when their goods arrive in India. Now RBI also requests the entities involved in the import or export of services to mention IE Code in foreign remittances in bank accounts. Therefore, IE Code is required for everyone involved in import or export in India.
Import-export code is a 10 digit unique identification number same as the PAN card number of the applicant, which is required to be mentioned while exporting or importing any goods or service. It is not mandatory for all the business entities but mandatory for the entities engaged in export and import business and valid for a lifetime..
Alonika.in has a team of expert professionals and consultants providing you the best assistance with regard to Import Export Code registration. Contact us and get your Import Export Code within 7 days.
Documents required for IEC code registration
For Individuals / Sole proprietorship
- Copy of Aadhar Card / Passport
- Copy of Pan card
- Cancel cheque of Individual / Proprietary Firm
- Electricity bill / Rent deed / Lease Dead / Registry / NOsC
- Email address and Mobile number
For Other organization
- Copy of Aadhar card/ passport of all the directors/partners/members
- Copy of PAN card of Company / LLP / firm / society
- Copy of PAN Card of all directors/partners/members
- Certificate of Incorporation / Registration
- Copy of MOA / AOA / Deed of LLP or Partnership / By-laws
- Cancel cheque of Company / LLP / Firm / Society
- Electricity bill / Rent deed / Lease deed / Registry / NoC
- Email address and Mobile number
The following are the benefits of registering for the Import Export Code
- Business expansion: Registering for Import Export Code will help you in expanding your business and reaching out to a larger market on a global scale, thereby helping your business to grow by leaps and bounds.
- No return filing: Registering for Import Export Code will mean that you need not file any returns. Once the code has been allotted to you, you will not be required to follow some kind of process to ensure that its validity is sustained. Even with regard to export transactions, you will not be required to file your returns with the Director General of Foreign Trade.
- No requirement for renewal: The validity of an Import Export Code lasts until the entity exists. As such, those who hold this code will not have to ever worry about renewing it.
- Simple processing: Obtaining an Import Export Code from the Director General of Foreign Trade is fairly simple. Applications are usually processed within 10 to 15 days once submitted.
- Other benefits: Companies that register for Import Export Code could make the most of several other benefits offered by customs, the Export Promotion Council, and the Director General of Foreign Trade.
Process of Import Export Registration
- Fill the query form
- Provide the required details and documents
- Make the payments
- Our experts will prepare the application as per provided details
- Team will coordinate with you for obtaining OTP required for the process
- Our team will file and submit the application with DGFT
- Once the IEC number is granted you will receive the same on the email provided
Exemption of Import Export registration
- Import and Export done for personal use
- Import and export by central Government or agencies or undertakings for defense purpose or other specified lists under Foreign Trade (exemption from the application of Rules in certain cases) Order, 1993.