There are three types of hearing with respect of Design Registration namely Objection hearing and Cancellation Hearing and Rectification Hearing.
- Objection hearing arose when the design application is objected and the examiner of design is not satisfied with the grounds and facts presented in the objection reply calls for a hearing, failing in attending the hearing may lead to refusal of the design.
- Cancellation hearing of design is called by the registrar after completion of the process of filing for cancellation. Hearing is not self-granted in the matters of cancellation of design, applicant has to file for his intention for attending hearing for cancellation of design along with the fee as soon as they receive the notice. The controller holds the power to refuse any party who has not filed application for hearing along with the fee.
- Rectification hearing of design is called by the registrar after completion of the process of filing for Rectification. Hearing is not self-granted in the matters of rectification of design, applicant has to file for his intention for attending hearing for rectification of design along with the fee as soon as they receive the notice. The controller holds the power to refuse any party who has not filed application for hearing along with the fee.
- Notice for hearing
- Design application number
Is there any hearing on your Design application; contact us we have a team of qualified Lawyer’s well versed and experienced, attending matters in tribunal, registry and courts regularly. Our team help’s in conduct the hearing belongs to Design application.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is meant by Design?
What is the object of registration of Designs?
Can stamps. Labels, tokens, cards be considered an article for the purpose of registration of Design?
When does the Applicant for Registration of Design get the registration certificate?
Is the Certificate so received can be used under legal proceedings?
What is the effect of registration of design?
What is the duration of the registration of a design? Can it be extended?
Is it possible to re-register a design in respect of which Copyright has expired?
How one can ascertain whether registration subsists in respect of any design?
Is there any penalty for the piracy of a registered Design?
Can the Registration of a Design be cancelled?
- That the design has been previously registered in India or
- That it has been published in India or elsewhere prior to date of registration or
- The design is not new or original or
- Design is not registrable or
- It is not a design under Clause (d) of Section 2.