Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) on dated 12th January 2023 issued an order for ease of doing in licensing and it was a much-awaited order from FSSAI. In this view for streamlining the process of licensing/registration renewal, the Food Safety and Standards Authority of India (FSSAI) had decided that:
A. All the renewal of license/registration upon submission of the application by the Food Business Operator (FBO) will be granted instantly, without scrutiny/approval of the authority, subject to the following conditions:
- No Change in the existing details of the license/registration
- Validity for the renewal of the License shall be only 1 year and for Registration shall be as existing 1-5 year
- FBO whose license/registration has been cancelled/suspended shall not be allowed to renew their license/registration
- Annual reports along with penalties (If any) shall be filed before renewals
- FBO has to submit the declaration which has been added to the licensing system.
B. Validity of New License and Registration
- License: Validity of the new license is now restricted to only 1 year instead of the existing period 1-5 years
- Registration: Validity will be continued as per existing provision for 1-5 years
There will be no penalty in case the renewal application is filed in the last 30 days before the expiry of the Food License or Registration. However, the penalties for renewal of an expired license will be levied.
Know More: Testing Reports under FSSAI